Most often, rough and dry heels have the following causes:
– inactive sweat glands
– dried skin
– thyroid disorders
– high temperatures during the hot season
– vitamins, minerals and zinc deficiency
– eczema and psoriasis
– standing up for a long period
What to do?
Permanent heels care prevents their cracking. Using moisturizers rich in vitamins and minerals will help keep your skin soft and hydrated. In case you already have cracked and rough heels, you can try some of natural remedies.
– Calendula oil in combination with vitamin A and E has two important roles: healing the skin and helps soften the cracks. The remedy is used every day.
– Another effective remedy consists in soaking the feet in lemon juice, if cracks are deeper and do not bleed. The procedure is repeated every week.
– Paraffin is also good to treat cracks. For such treatment, heat paraffin wax and mix it with a little mustard oil. The cream is applied in the evening and left overnight. The treatment should last at least 15 days.
– It is also very important to exfoliate your heels twice a week.
Tip: Before using any medicine, clean your heels with a pumice stone.
Image Credits: ShoesAbout